Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sketches

Here are some of the first draft sketches (done in illustrator) for the logo.















Like I said, just first draft ideas to get them out of my head. I'm not exactly happy with any of them, they are a little too basic and seem like clip art to me. I'm still unsure which direction to take the logo as I'm having some trouble marying the ideas of retail branding vs. artist branding.  My thought was to focus in images centering around the production of linen (seeing as though that is where the company strated) and I came up with the design of the spinning wheel.  I tried hand-writing the Utrecht script, though I'm not sure its really working.  Other trains of thought were to incorporate Pantone chips and elemts such as t-squares into the name.  It all seemed too 'corporate', for lack of a better word, and didn't say 'professional artist'.  I then experimented with making brush marks in Illustrator and trying to incorporte Utrecht into the mix.  I like the visual quality of it, however as a logo on producs such as a tube of paint it might not hold up with its characteristics.

No comments:

Post a Comment